Monday 30 April 2012

Magical accents - or Just Weeds in Little pots ?

Those that know me from the club will remember a few years ago, when the general chat  was all display and accent related I said that accents were just the weeds that grow under nice bonsai ! It was slightly tongue in cheek but probably reflected I felt that my trees were not really ready to show to anyone so didn't need any little pot plants to go with them .

I guess times change a bit, and there is something to be said for a nice balanced display now and again so gradually little pots of bits and pieces start appearing in amongst the trees on the benches. Recently our club treasurer - who happens to be a potter - has been making some lovely little pots, and he has been getting some really interesting textures and colours. I had a few things I wanted him to make to add further interest to a couple of plantings I had planned and over the last few weeks these little plantings are starting to look quite nice.


This is the 'chairmans challenge' pot - planted and left outside to begin the ageing and patina process.


 This beautiful pot has a matching jitta - another unique feature and to me the composition looks much better than just a pot on a slice of wood




Most of the plants were just things that looked small growing in the garden and a few were some little alpines from a recent trip to the garden center. These should give the little bit of added interest to my tree display at the upcoming Bonsai South West event in Exmouth, Devon.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good!!
    I'll need some 'gallery pictures' at some point!!

    Gordon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, Hi Gordon.

      Take all the pics if you want- especially as you made every pot.!!

      i have a few more too, so i'll email them over.

      cheers

      Delete